LAN Messenger doesn't work on Fedora 18_x64

If you need help or you want to ask a question about LAN Messenger

LAN Messenger doesn't work on Fedora 18_x64

Postby super_user2 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:21 am

Good morning/afternoon/evening ...

As I have put in the title, LAN Messenger doesn't work on my PC with Fedora 18_x64.

First, I had to download some rpm files to manually solve Qt dependencies. After that, I tried to build the rpm file, but the following errors appeared:

the installation file / from lmc-1.2.32-2.i386 conflicts with the package file filesystem-3.1-2.fc18.x86_64
the installation file /usr/bin from lmc-1.2.32-2.i386 conflicts with the package file filesystem-3.1-2.fc18.x86_64
the installation file /usr/lib from lmc-1.2.32-2.i386 conflicts with the package file filesystem-3.1-2.fc18.x86_64

Any help will be appreciated.
super_user2

Re: LAN Messenger doesn't work on Fedora 18_x64

Postby ng_sa » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:12 am

Hi

This software should now be thought of as 'Abandonware' no one can help you here.

I have tried to get a login for this forum & that does not even work.

You will have to download the source code & work out the 'upgrade' for yourself, sorry for such bad news !!!

NG
ng_sa

Postby super_user2 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:53 pm

This software should now be thought of as 'Abandonware' no one can help you here.

That's very strange.

Both Ubuntu and Windows versions have worked for me. Fedora version shouldn't be clasified as "abandonware".

Anyway, I'll try to compile the source code.
super_user2

Postby ng_sa » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:18 pm

Hello SU2

super_user2 wrote:Both Ubuntu and Windows versions have worked for me. Fedora version shouldn't be clasified as "abandonware".

I dont think you understand me, no one who wrote the software will respond - so it has been abandoned !!!

I cannot even setup a forum account as the emails for registration are never sent.

How did you get you account ???

super_user2 wrote:Anyway, I'll try to compile the source code.

Gr8 idea :)

NG
ng_sa

Return to LAN Messenger Support