I have listened to the forum and included as many new features as possible. This version introduces several functions that improve usability. Memory and network resource utilization have been optimized for better performance and stability.
Check out the new screen shots at http://lanmsngr.sourceforge.net/screenshots.php.
Change log for version 1.2.25:
- [New]: Contacts list can now be viewed in compact and detailed modes.
- [New]: Custom presence notes can be set by users which will be seen by everyone.
- [New]: Added a button on main window for convenient access to open a chat room.
- [New]: History window now has context menu to copy contents and links. Links are also saved to history now.
- [New]: Added option to set alert for incoming public messages.
- [New]: Chat partners are now shown as Away in the chat window if their status is Away or be Right Back.
- [New]: Added support for right to left languages.
- [New]: The main window can now be minimized by activating the system tray icon. This behavior can be set in the Preferences window.
- [New]: Added option to show the status of a contact as a tooltip when hovering mouse over the contacts list.
- [New]: Added application logging to track down application issues and detect bottlenecks to improve performance.
- [New]: LAN Messenger is now available in 3 additional languages - Arabic, Romanian and Slovenian.
- [Change]: The application now uses IP multicast instead of broadcast for network wide communications. This should significantly reduce network traffic, especially when there is a large number of users.
- [Change]: The chat window is now cleared as soon it is closed and the contents saved to history. Users no longer have to restart the application to achieve this.
- [Change]: Group information is now saved separately from other application preferences. So clearing the settings will not affect groups.
- [Fix]: Fixed issue where some users will not be visible to others.
- [Fix]: White space in messages are now retained properly.
- [Fix]: Custom avatar image are retained when the application is updated or reinstalled (unless 'Delete Preferences' is set).
- [Misc]: Bug fixes and slightly updated UI.
The application logs its activities, which can be analyzed to track down the cause in case of a crash. All you have to do is send the log files when reporting an issue.