One of the new features include chat themes like the ones in Gtalk. In fact I have designed them based on the same idea and you can easily convert a Gtalk theme to a LAN Messenger theme with a few modifications.
You can view the screenshots at http://lanmsngr.sourceforge.net/screenshots.php.
Change log for this version:
- [Fix]: A critical bug (related to Groups) that caused application instability and crash has been fixed.
- [New]: Chat themes - Select themes to change the appearance of chat sessions.
- [New]: Chat states - Application now indicates whether chat partner is composing a message, paused or gone.
- [New]: Buttons in main window for quick access to common tasks.
- [New]: Multiline messages can now be sent and received. The hotkeys for sending message and inserting new line can be confgured.
- [Change]: Broadcast messages now display timestamp (depends on user preference).
- [Change]: Broadcast window interface modified for better usability.
- [Change]: Removed confusing UI element from contacts list.
- [Change]: Additional languages and themes can now be copied to user's application data folder instead of install folder, thus removing need for admin rights.
- [Change]: If custom message fonts are used, the size and color applies to only what you see in your conversation window. How it appears to the chat partner depends on their selected chat theme.
- [Change]: Group settings are saved as soon as they are made, so they are not lost in the event of application crash.
- [Fix]: Fixed the issue where the color of message text was getting reset in conversation window.
- [Fix]: Corrections to translations.
- [Misc]: Minor UI corrections and bug fixes.